Environment & Sustainability Initiative of the Year
This award recognises initiatives introduced or championed within the tunnelling industry which have enabled project or programme teams to deliver improved environment and sustainability performance.
Judges will look for an environment and sustainability initiative being applied in a project or programme that:
- Works with external stakeholders e.g. Green Construction Board
- References industry leading initiatives/examples
- Has been demonstrably embedded into working practices
Examples of initiatives that would be encouraged include:
- Initiatives that are leading to a reduced environmental impact during construction such as lower emissions, lower noise or less dust
- Initiatives that are leading to a reduced whole-life impact such as less whole-life carbon
Judges will be particularly interested to hear about:
- The drivers that led to the initiative being launched
- Any longer-term impacts prompted by the initiative
- Cost implications of the initiative
- Why this initiative goes beyond normal practices
The entry should relate to an initiative that was championed between January 2018 and July 2019.