Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year
This award recognises initiatives introduced or championed within the tunnelling industry which have enabled project or programme teams to deliver improved performance with respect to equality, diversity and inclusion in the workforce.
Entries should demonstrate how initiatives have led to increased equality, diversity and inclusion on tunnelling projects and how by doing so the projects have improved productivity, project outcomes and/or employee satisfaction.
Judges will look for an equality, diversity & inclusion initiative being applied in a project or programme that:
- Works with external stakeholders e.g. WISE
- References industry leading initiatives/examples
- Has been demonstrably embedded into working practices
Initiatives that would be encouraged include:
- Corporate initiatives being tailored and deployed at a project-specific level
- Project specific initiatives that address a specific equality, diversity and inclusion issue relevant to the type of project or its geography
Judges will be particularly interested to hear about:
- The drivers that led to the initiative being launched
- Any longer-term impacts prompted by the initiative
- Cost implications of the initiative
- How this initiative is being shared with the wider tunnelling industry
The entry should relate to an initiative that was championed between January 2018 and July 2019.