Health, Safety & Wellbeing Initiative
This award recognises initiatives introduced or championed within the tunnelling industry which have enabled a project or programme team to deliver improved performance with respect to health, safety and wellbeing of the workforce.
The entry should demonstrate how the initiative led to increased health, safety or wellbeing on the project and how it managed risk to improve productivity or boosted morale among employees.
The entry should relate to an initiative that was championed between January 2020 and July 2021.
Judges will look for an initiative being applied in a project or programme that:
- Involved dialogue and input with the workforce to fully understand the risks and challenges
- Shows the drivers for adoption and willingness to learn and improve
- References industry leading examples either from within the tunnelling sector or another industry
- Has been embedded into working practices and the supply chain
- Demonstrates a clear step change and the wider application of lessons learned
Each entry should be supported by a maximum of three images. Images should be in landscape, more than 1MB in size, in jpeg/png format and should not be edited to include details of the category or the name/logo of the company entering (or any other annotations). Additional text (other than diagram annotation) included in supporting documents will not be used by the judging panel. The images might be used in marketing material and featured in New Civil Engineer.