Innovation in Maintenance & Renewal Award
This category recognises the inherent value of our existing underground infrastructure and projects that make best use of them. The innovation could be a smart way of better operating the asset, it could be a new or improved way of carrying out routine maintenance, or it could be a technique or technology deployed on a larger renewal project.
Shortlisted entrants will be judged by a panel of our judges in a closed session.
In all cases the judges will look for:
- Innovativeness of the concept
- Value for money
- Skill in managing an asset whilst in use
- Cutting edge techniques applied
- Sustainable materials and methodologies applied
- Efforts to minimise user disruption
- Enhanced user experience on completion
- Satisfied stakeholders parties
- Environmental enhancement
Maintenance and renewal work must have been taken place in the two years July 2016 to July 2018.