Innovation in Operations & Maintenance Award
This category recognises the inherent value of our existing underground infrastructure and projects that make best use of them. The innovation could be a smart way of better operating the asset, it could be a new or improved way of carrying out routine maintenance, or it could be a technique or technology deployed on a larger renewal project.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by a panel of our judges in an open session at the Festival and feature in New Civil Engineer so you must be prepared to share your concept to a wide audience.
Ensure you explain:
- The specific operations, maintenance or renewal challenge you are seeking to solve and your clear understanding of how this could be met with your innovation
- The specifics of your innovation and how it builds on or differs from other industry established practices/solutions
- The process that is driving development of the innovation, highlighting any feasibility studies carried out, trials done on other projects or work underway with external stakeholders and/or industry bodies. Specify any investments made.
- The specific results expected including any early feedback or support or other evidence that it has the potential to change the industry for the better
- How you are sharing your work with the wider industry such that the art of tunnelling might be advanced
The project on which the innovation has been deployed need not be complete, but the innovation must have been in development or use between January 2018 and July 2019.