Innovation in Tunnel Fit-out
This category rewards initiatives that are boosting productivity, safety or quality in the tunnel fit-out process through new products, equipment or methods. The innovative product, equipment or methodology must have been used on a specific project and be able to demonstrate a benefit to the overall project outcome, as well as delivering greater client satisfaction.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by a panel of our judges in an open session at the Festival and feature in New Civil Engineer so you must be prepared to share your concept to a wide audience.
Judges will be looking for entries that meet the following criteria:
- Explain the specific tunnel fit-out challenge you are seeking to solve and your clear understanding of how this could be met with your innovation
- Showcase the specifics of the innovation and how it builds on or differs from other industry established practices/solutions
- Demonstration of the process driving development of the innovation, highlighting any feasibility studies carried out, trials done on other projects or work underway with external stakeholders and/or industry bodies. Specify any investments made.
- Details of results expected/delivered including any early feedback or support or other evidence that it has the potential to change the industry for the better
- How you are sharing your work with the wider industry to benefit the whole sector
The project on which the innovation has been deployed need not be complete, but the innovation must have been in development or use between January 2019 and July 2020.