Outstanding Contribution to the Industry
Nominations for this award are sought to find the individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the industry between January 2020 and July 2021.
Judges will focus on the personal contribution made by the individual, who can be involved in any area of the tunnelling industry from project planning to design, construction or maintenance and at any stage of their career.
This is not a lifetime achievement award and judges will be looking for an individual who has made their significant contribution in the last 18 months.
Judges will look for evidence of the individual's impact on the global tunnelling industry in areas such as:
- Involvement in significant tunnelling projects or programmes
- Support for adoption of innovative techniques and taking an entrepreneurial approach to their work
- Solving complex problems or challenge
- Making a personal commitment to improving the tunnelling industry and the workforce
- Creating a wider legacy of their work outside of the industry
Each entry should be supported by a maximum of three images. Images should be in landscape, more than 1MB in size, in jpeg/png format and should not be edited to include details of the category or the name/logo of the company entering (or any other annotations). Additional text (other than diagram annotation) included in supporting documents will not be used by the judging panel. The images might be used in marketing material and featured in New Civil Engineer.