Outstanding Contribution to the Industry
Nominations for this award are sought to find the individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the industry between January 2019 and July 2020.
Judges will focus on the personal contribution made by the individual to successfully secure political, public, financial or stakeholder support for a significant tunnelling project, bring to market an innovative ideas or initiatives, challenge normal practices, lead major technically complex operations or provide significant, tangible support to the global tunnelling industry.
This is not a lifetime achievement award and judges will be looking for an individual who has made their significant contribution in the last 18 months.
Judges will look for evidence of the individual's impact on the global tunnelling industry with respect to how they have:
- Brought to fruition significant tunnelling projects/programmes
- Seen the industry adopt innovative techniques
- Delivered technically complex projects or programmes
- Made a personal commitment to improving the tunnelling industry
- Seen tangible differences made to the environment in which they operate
Entrants/nominees do not necessarily need to be an engineer, nor do they need to have extensive tunnelling industry experience. Entries must be backed by an independent referee.