Project Sponsor of the Year
The behaviour and approach of the client is critical to the success of any tunnelling project. This category seeks to recognise clients and project sponsors that are working to raise the bar to improve project delivery.
This award is open to any client/project sponsor involved in the commissioning of tunnelling projects or tunnelling related infrastructure.
Judges will be looking for entries that meet the following criteria:
- Focus on the end-user/key stakeholders and evidence of how the project has been set up to meet those needs
- Evidence of how the project has been procured to drive a focus on mutual goals, making clear the extent to which this drive for shared goals extends down the supply chain
- Specific initiatives that were deployed to engender a collaborative culture that led/is leading to improved project delivery
- Any other initiatives or activities that led/is leading to achievement of broader goals such as improved diversity, environmental performance or workforce upskilling
- Evidence of the procurement approach being shared with the industry more widely.
The project sponsor must have been actively engaged in procuring or delivering a tunnelling project or projects between January 2019 and July 2020. The project or projects need not be complete.