Hints & Tips
All 19 categories are judged either live at the Festival or at a virtual round table discussion with our judging panel. This gives the awards unrivalled integrity and provides you with the opportunity to hear about the best projects and innovations hitting the sector.
To help you create a successful entry, take a look at our top tips to assist you in writing a compelling entry for the NCE Tunnelling Festival Awards 2020.
ANSWER THE QUESTIONS
- Read the questions carefully and ensure you answer what is being asked
- Keep focused and ensure all information is relevant
DON'T IGNORE THE RULES
- Keep to the word count
- Make sure any uploads are in line with the requested size
- Submit before or by the closing date - 26 June 2020
Judges will be looking through hundreds of entries, so:
- Be clear, concise and focused!
- Avoid jargon, unexplained acronyms and unedited copy and pasting
- Make your submission a good read not a sales pitch
- Keep your entry simple and easy to make sense of
INCLUDE SUPPORTING EVIDENCE
- Where necessary validate your claims to enable the judges to evaluate their impact
- Pertinent facts and figures can improve your awards entry
- Make sure all supporting materials back up your claims in the main submission
LEAVE ENOUGH TIME
- Enter early – a last minute rush may impact the quality of your submission or result in you missing the deadline
- Allocate yourself more time than you think you’ll need
- The process can take longer than expected especially when you need signoffs so give yourself more time than you need
SEEK CLIENT PERMISSION
- Make sure all relevant clients are happy with being part of the submission
- Leave enough time for collating information, getting approval and proofing from you and the firm
- When you've completed entry, share it with someone else on your team for them to check it over aswell
- Typos on an entry can make it look sloppy – so read over your entry twice and thoroughly check for spelling, grammar and punctuation
CHOOSE THE RIGHT CATEGORY
- Only enter categories you think highlight the great work your company is doing give you a higher chance of success
- Entering more than one relevant category can give you a great chance of being shortlisted
Entries are now open and you have until Friday 26 June 2020 to submit a winning entry!